Your tenancy should be a good working relationship with us. We have a contract with the owner of your property and as a requirement of that agreement; the relationship between you and us will be fairly formal, with any requirements of and deviations from the lease to be in writing. This is to your advantage as we must follow the lease to the letter, and you are always aware that we will be consistent in our dealings with you. You will find that we react to repairs and other requests very quickly. We hope that this information will better spell out our respective responsibilities and make your stay with us a more enjoyable one.
1. Address: Please address all rent and other payments to: 640 Bailey Road # 136, Pittsburg, CA 94565. Maintenance requests move-out notices, etc. may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our address.
2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org repair requests to your manager’s email. See Repairs and Maintenance below.
3. Telephone: (925) 222-0521. During our office hours Monday through Friday from 9-12 and 1-5, we answer the phones directly unless we are out of the office. After hours we use an automated voice mail system.
NO modifications may be made to the property without prior WRITTEN permission of the Landlord. This includes installation of cable TV, security systems, light fixtures, trees, bushes, painting, wallpapering, or anything of the like.
The Tenant must give the landlord at least 30 days WRITTEN notice of intent to vacate. You can download the form 30 day notice for your use. Notice can be brought by our office, mailed, or sent via email to email@example.com . Verbal notice is insufficient for any reason. You’re Security Deposit can NOT be used in lieu of payment of the last month’s rent, and strong penalties can ensue for doing so. Upon receipt of the notice, your manager will contact you and schedule a pre-move out inspection of the property to inform you of specific responsibilities before vacating and to discuss the showing instructions to prospective tenants during your remaining time in the property. If you have not heard from us within a couple of days after sending the notice, contact us immediately as we to verify we have receive it. On your move-out day, we will walk through the property and, providing you have given us a forwarding address in writing, we have 21 days from that date to provide you with an accounting and/or refund of your Security Deposit.
1. Minor Maintenance: All minor repairs are the responsibility of the tenant. These include, but are not limited to, items such as plumbing stoppages, leaky faucets, monthly changing of air conditioner and heating filters, yard care (including watering, weeding, trimming), etc. If the Tenant does not perform these minor repairs and maintenance and they turn into major repairs and maintenance, then the tenant will be held responsible for the entire cost of the repair or maintenance.2. Repair and Maintenance Requests: All repair/maintenance requests should be directed to us in writing as per your lease (except for emergencies that may be called in to (925) 222-0521). You may fill out the electronic Maintenance Request form in the Tenants Area of our website by clicking www.managedbypros.com , mail to the office, FAX, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org . Our normal procedure is to contact you by telephone to discuss the specifics and then have the appropriate repair company contact you directly for an appointment. If you have not received a telephone call from either a contractor or us to set up an appointment within a reasonable amount of time, please contact us, as we assume that if no word is forthcoming, you have had the request handled. There will be a $ 100.00 dollar charge for missed appointments for scheduled repairs or inspections this will be paid by the tenant.
2. Repair Hours: Our office hours are 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM — 5:00 PM Monday through Friday excluding normal holidays. Most repair companies perform their services during similar hours; however pre-discussed appointments may be made for after hours and during weekends at the convenience of the repair company and you. Be advised that the Landlord will not authorize the paying of overtime or after hour’s charges, except in the case of a major emergency. After hour major emergencies (such as major plumbing, electrical, fire, etc.,) may be reported by calling our normal office number. Use common sense when reporting emergencies. As an example, we cannot and will not repair air conditioners, or a burner on the stove, at midnight on Saturday.
3. If we receive a repair request form from you for a repair that is to be paid by the tenant, we will notify you before we schedule the repair.
4. Unauthorized Repairs: Do not attempt any repairs yourself or contract with outside companies if you want us to pay for the repair, even in an emergency. We have a manager on call 24 hours a day, and we always have emergency repair companies available. We WILL NOT REIMBURSE you for any repair bills contracted by you without prior written permission from us. AT NO TIME ARE YOU AUTHORIZED TO DEDUCT A REPAIR AMOUNT FROM THE MONTHLY RENT.
5. Water and Yard Care: Please remember that in most of our leases it is your responsibility to water the yard. If you do not, you could be held responsible for completely re-sodding it upon your move-out. Keeping that in mind, if the summer is within normal temperature and rainfall ranges for the area, there may come a time when different areas or water districts start a water rationing or other restriction. Please remember to follow all of those rules.
6. A/C Filters: Please remember to change your A/C filter every 2-3 months. Some units may require to be changed more than 2-3 a month. This is also a requirement of your lease. We have had some instances in the past where we have had to send our A/C repairmen out to a unit and the tenant never changed the filter or worse, took it out. This is a very expensive repair, and the tenant ALWAYS gets the entire amount billed back due to tenant neglect. This can run into the $100’s and can also make your electric bill extremely high. Filters only cost a few dollars and are more than offset by your electric bill alone.
WHY RENT FROM US
Managed by Pros provides first class rental home management in the Bay Area. We offer a broad range of properties for rent as well as Tenant Placement Services (If we don’t have any properties available/vacant we can still help you find your new home). If you are looking for a Bay area home to rent, Managed by Pros can help you find what you’re looking for.
One of the most important decisions you can make when deciding on a rental home is “Who is your landlord?” Managed by Pros has over 25 years of real estate experience and has rented to and managed leases for literally thousands of tenants just like you. We pride ourselves in being the most knowledgeable, courteous and customer service oriented property Management Company in the area. Our company works very hard to out-compete individual landlords and provide the highest quality resident services you’ll ever experience.
All of our properties are ready when you move in. We use professional vendors (painters, handymen, plumbers, carpet cleaners, etc.) to ensure that your unit is in good condition. We inspect the work performed to ensure that everything is rent ready before you move in. We provide you the ability to request repairs online through a simple online form. We offer 24 hours emergency maintenance calls We provide detailed Move-in and Move-out Inventory forms for proper documentation of the condition of your rental. All deposits that are retained by us are kept in a FDIC insured bank. We make paying your rent easy by accepting multiple online options. Our office hours are 10 AM — 12 PM and 1 PM — 5 PM, Monday through Friday, excluding normal holidays. For after hours, we have on call personnel. All the maintenance contractors sent to your home are professionals who must meet strict standards set by us. Many have been giving our tenants excellent service for many years. When you sign your lease, you have the opportunity (and are encouraged) to schedule a personal meeting with a property manager to go over all parts of the lease to help ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities under the lease. All our Property Managers are licensed real estate professionals through the California Bureau of Real Estate, are members of the Contra Costa Association of REALTORS®, and are members of the National Association of Residential Property Managers.
We hope by providing all the services above that you will recognize that a good landlord can make all the difference in your rental experience.